1. The town is so silent. Time is 07:16 PM !
2. Had a nice day in the office. Learnt that the project would be pretty easy :)
3. Went to office in a taxi. The taxi driver spoke about many interesting things.
4. KB, the 10-yr-exp-developer, is curious about knowing me. He spoke very frankly about India, and China that they are booming nations threatening the other nations' growth. He also said that Ireland started to grow just before 20 years.
5. Still other cubicle mates are not coping up with me.
6. Went to The CattleView Farm B&B. Nobody there. The taxi driver accompanied well. He has been a taxi driver for the past 6 months. Before that he was a landscaper. Eventhough it is physically tough he enjoyed it. He said "You know it's pretty good when I make something out of a place that is nothing". Good thought.
7. He also said that he does not like cricket. Almost everybody here speak with me about cricket, economy, and climate of India.
8. The driver billed 90EURO. Forgot to get a bill again.
9. Thank God I found The Derby House Hotel so close walkable from the LM office. Fullstop for taxis.
10. But still to save some money I need to look for some other hotels/guest houses. Paid 780EURO for 13 nights; 60 per night.
11. I'm scared that I may not be returned the amount I paid if I check out earlier. When enquired, the receptionist said they'll return the amount.
12. Still doubting what to tell to the HR people.
13. Thank God again that I found an Indian hotel here in town. Ate mushroom rice with a coke as compliment for just 3.95EURO.
14. A Pakistani, Ahmed, is running the Indian restaurant. Great thing.. our brothers are fighting there back.
15. Finally, got a toothpaste for 2.95EURO. Pretty costly if converted to INR. I'm getting ready to save at least 1000EURO
16. I think I'm now left up with just around 2989EURO. Need to look for some other living place soon. Mail HR asking how much is the per diem including accomodation.
17. Meanwhile, got into the server room where PLOM application runs. Great to be into the den of a little lion!! Pretty interesting experience.
18. Need to brush up official things.
19. I somehow felt guilty hearing that here is a 31% increase in unemployment in Ireland, the highest recorded in the past 9 years. We may be one of the reasons for that. Who knows, the skilled pros may not be available here.
20. Polls are up in Ireland. One party says No for Ireland to be part of EU and the other Yes. Need to learn more about this thing.
21. Taxi driver said that housing is the job hub for about 40% of the people here.
22. The driver asked about the population in India. I said 1100 million. He laughed and said, its just 4 million here !
23. The driver also said that I speak better English like an English.
24. He can't speak mcuh Irish; learnt and forgot in school ! Still people in Western Ireland speak Irish "only". Very traditional.
25. Had some "vegetable" lunch in the canteen. Expense: 2.90EURO!