Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ride on Rails !!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. -Beverly Sills


Ha.. after a long debate with my friends and a detailed study on various programming languages, I finally ended with an intention to try Ruby On Rails (RoR). Though many have suggested TextMate as a better IDE for Ruby, I had an eye on NetBeans. The interest actually roots back to my college days where I was in the evaluation of NetBeans Beta version. I lost the touch perhaps.

Just today, just now, I have installed all the gizmos for landing on Rails!! A big list of downloads including JDK, NetBeans(Ruby), Apache, and MySQL. Hmm.. so am also absorbed into the community of nextgen devs, hopefully.

Still, my love towards .Net, C#, code-behind model etc.. has not vanished and it will not. But, the catch is I have started to try various other ways of exploring the domain of web development. More posts will be here with a blend of both the perspectives of Design and Development of Enterprise Solutions !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing .NET C# right now, and don't know hardly anything about Ruby on Rails! There is always something new to learn. Good luck.